Here is a space we can use to continue discussions beyond the classroom. Ideas, thoughts, concerns, and a-ha's related to education are all desirable on this site!

Sunday, October 15, 2006

thanks

Great stories and insights. I totally agree with your comments. And Leanna, thanks so much for continuing to posting here with us. It's so awesome that you care about what's happening with us and what questions we have about the program and our teaching careers!!! Mark, sounds like you are having a great time on your practicum and I love your story about Mr. T. That's awesome. I totally think you hit it bang on with your comments about respect not being what you are wearing and what you look like but who you are and where you are comfortable with what you are doing! Thanks for the ideas on professionalism. Leanna, I have been struggling with the job description thing because as far as I am concerned all the "professional" things besides the academic teachings should come naturally and that as good people we should know how to be successful just because we truly care. So thanks for replying to me.
As for me, I am at VIC high. I only managed to get there one day last week (friday) because I was super duper sick!! I got pink eye, sinus infection, flu....you name it! So I am really looking forward to tomorrow and next week! The school is really cool. Lots of big windows!!!! Old architecture and an interesting student body. Should be fun. I think I will be teaching Socials 11 which I am really nervous about but c'est la vie! Good luck everyone can't wait to hear your stories! Liane

1 Comments:

Blogger ABakker said...

Hey Liane,
Thats lousy that you got sick last week. I hope this week gets much better for you. I really like my sponsor teachers and I am having a great time observing all sorts of classes and helping out in the LAC room. I'm also going with the environment club to clean up the school stream and helping the Global ed class collect for a trip to the East End of Vancouver to bring clothes food and shoes to homeless people. The Global Ed curriculum is awesome and its entirely locally developed for this school but I think it would be awesome if you geo teachers could implement it in your school because I have learned so much in that class (not just about teaching) this observation period. Today was great because I got to observe a more beginning teacher and see the differences between her class and my sponsor teachers' classes (who've been at the school for 13 and 25 years respectively). If anyone gets a chance see if you can check out an international student version of your subject area (if you have that) it was really neat and interesting. Good luck everyone!

7:20 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home