Here is a space we can use to continue discussions beyond the classroom. Ideas, thoughts, concerns, and a-ha's related to education are all desirable on this site!

Thursday, August 17, 2006

Leanna

I hope that I am allowd to critique on the blog....but since it's going to be edited anyways I thought I would. I just wanted to post how awesome I think Leanna is. I have learnt alot from her class. I haven't necessarily learnt what she wanted me too (or maybe I did) but I learnt alot of valuable stuff. I learnt the importance of open communication in the classroom; I learnt that it's OK to call your teacher by their first name and that there is still respect; I learnt that it's really beneficial to be honest with your students, it helps to develop trust; I learnt it's important to give positive feedback and promptly; I learnt it's good to question the system and try to make a change; I learnt it's really important to think about how you are going to assess learning; and I learnt that teachers (even though we were told it can't happen) can be cool. So thanks Leanna and because this isn't a mark based class no one can accuse me of sucking up, I am only being honest. And it's nice for teachers to know that they are appreciated especially when they work hard at something, like Leanna obviously did!

3 Comments:

Blogger Alan said...

I absolutely agree with you Liane. I have had a lot of fun in this class (maybe too much fun, sorry Leanna) and I have learned so much. If anything to date, as far as classes go, has convinced me that I have chosen the right career I believe that this class has and the way that it was taught. A+, A+, A+. For Leanna not for me, I just pass, I hope??

9:15 PM

 
Blogger Leah said...

Hard to say again what has already been said, but I definitely agree with it all! Thanks Leanna, you are a great inspiration of dedication, enthusiasm and love for your work! Thanks!

11:33 PM

 
Blogger ABakker said...

I think the best has been the honesty. Earlier this semester one of my fellow students was saying I wish we could have a teacher come in that would give us the dirt. We could ask questions and get real answers. I think we've gotten that in this class. So thanks Leanna, good luck in your graduate work!!

4:12 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home